Epson has just announced its first 3D 1080p home theatre projectors with the new 3LCD PowerLite Pro Cinema 6010, and Home Cinema 5010/5010e and 3010/3010e series. With both home cinema enthusiasts and custom installers in mind, Epson utilizes new Bright 3D Drive technology which promises an exceptional 3D viewing experience at home on a big screen. Epson’s new projectors offer value-added features and performance at varying price levels, including an entry-level solution available for less than $1,700.
Epson utilizes full HD, active shutter 3D, with 1080p resolution and Bright 3D Drive Technology, which drives the panels at 480Hz, essentially doubling the image refresh rate of 240Hz panels, delivering ultra-bright images and reduced crosstalk for the ultimate in 3D viewing at home. These projectors offer high brightness – up to 2,400 lumens of colour and white light output – and enable viewing on larger screens and in a range of ambient light conditions. Combined with remarkable contrast and a number of value-added features, including wireless installation options and split screen mode for watching two pictures at once or watching TV and using the Internet at the same time, the Pro Cinema 6010, and Home Cinema 5010/5010e and 3010/3010e deliver top 3D and 2D performance and image quality in each of their respective categories.
Pro Cinema 6010 and Home Cinema 5010/5010e
The Pro Cinema 6010 and Home Cinema 5010 and 5010e (wireless) feature an outstanding contrast ratio of up to 200,000:1 and up to 2,400 lumens of colour and white light output for incredible black levels with a clear, clean picture. With Epson’s Super Resolution technology and FineFrame technology for smoother frame interpolation and sharper video quality (2D Mode), cinema filter feature for larger colour space and improved colour fidelity and a Fujinon OptiCinema lens (2.1 zoom ratio), these projectors deliver top-of-the-line performance and quality. And to further enhance the 3D experience, they also include 2D to 3D conversion. The flagship Pro Cinema 6010 also adds two anamorphic lens modes, two pairs of 3D glasses, ISF calibration, colour isolation, and a ceiling mount, cable cover and extra lamp for installation flexibility.
Home Cinema 3010/3010e
Offering big screen home 3D viewing, the Home Cinema 3010 and 3010e (wireless) deliver up to 2,200 lumens of colour and white light output along with a superb contrast ratio of up to 40,000:1 for outstanding black levels. In addition, both models feature two built-in 10W speakers for great home cinema sound. The Home Cinema 3010 also includes two pairs of 3D glasses. These affordably priced projectors offer outstanding 3D and 2D big screen image quality for a reasonable price and are ideal for home cinema enthusiasts who don’t require installation or professional-level colour tools.
Additional Features of Epson’s 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p Home Theatre Projector Line-up
- Split screen capabilities in 2D mode for watching two pictures at once, or watching TV and using the Internet at the same time
- Epson 3LCD technology for amazing colour and detail
- Five colour modes in 2D and two colour modes in 3D to easily adapt to different viewing environments
- Epson’s exclusive 230W E-TORL (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp) offering high brightness and up to 6,000 hours of lamp life
- HDMI (two), component video, composite video, VGA, RCA audio, and USB connections for flexibility
- Wireless transmitter included with Home Cinema 3010e and 5010e for ultimate installation flexibility without wires, using the WirelessHD standard to send uncompressed high-definition video over short distances to the projector
- Two pairs of 3D glasses included with Home Cinema 3010 and Pro Home Cinema 6010; 3D glasses sold separately for Home Cinema 3010e, 5010 and 5010e
The PowerLite Pro Cinema 6010 will be available for less than $4,000, while the Home Cinema 5010 and 5010e are listed at under $3,000 and $3,500, respectively; all will be available through authorized Epson projector dealers in November. The Home Cinema 3010 and 3010e will be available online and through dealers in October for $1,629.99 and $1,829.99.
For more info, please visit www.epson.ca.