Marantz, has just released their first Multichannel A/V Preamplifier with Dolby Atmos capability, dubbed the AV7702. The new AV7702 comes with the latest current feedback topology and the Marantz’s own high-definition HDAMs for the highest level of power and finesse. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities allows access to a plethora of music sources, including: Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, and AirPlay. DLNA network streaming allows the AV7702 to play music files stored on a DLNA capable PC or external storage unit. File compatibility is broad and includes: MP3, WMA, FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 & AAC. In addition, Gapless, DSD, and AIFF are also supported for the full enjoyment of live concerts or classical recordings. For additional functionality the AV7702 provides an iPod digital-compatible USB input and a Phono MM input for vinyl fans.
The video section comes with advanced video processing, support of the latest HDMI standard (4k 60Hz pass- through), 7+1 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs for main zone & multi-zone. The AV7702 upscales standard of high definition video to Full HD 1080p and even 4k full rate (50/60 Hz).
Thanks to its four DSP (Digital Sound Processing) engines, the AV7702 handles up to 11.2 channels, giving it the ability to support Audyssey DSX, DTS Neo:X 11.1, as well as the latest decoding technology Dolby Atmos. The AV7702 has the processing power to run a more enveloping, 7, 9, or 11 channel Dolby Atmos layout using 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 configurations utilizing ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 or 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 configuration is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 9.1.2 configuration is based on a 9.1 speaker layout with 2 overhead speakers.
To finish off, the AV7702 owns 13.2ch pre-out capability (11.2ch XLR, 13.2ch RCA) for extreme versatility in amplification options. The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready) room correction suite adds to the most accurate calibration of the speakers to guarantee that every seat in the room is a ‘sweet spot’ for audio. Audyssey LFC reduces the transmission of low frequency sound through walls something your neighbors are sure to appreciate, while Audyssey Sub EQ HT cares for perfect integration of two subwoofers in the home theater setup.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Big trapdoor design
- Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Audyssey DSX; DTS Neo:X (11.1ch)
- 13.2ch pre-out (11.2ch XLR, 13.2ch RCA) and 11.2ch signal processing
- Latest HDMI version with 4k 50/60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (2 + 1 zone) (4k 50/60Hz, 3D, ARC, Deep Color)
- HDMI scaling 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- ISF video calibration
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- USB port
- Spotify Connect, Pandora Sirius XM, Flickr, Internet Radio support
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- 4 Smart Select buttons for fast selection of listening presets
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android™ devices
The new Marantz AV7702 will be available this October at a MSRP of: $1,999.00 U.S. Look for more information at: www.marantz.com.