Meridian Audio has just launched their new range of Digital Active In-wall Loudspeaker models. The first models in this new range include the DSP520, the DSP630 plus an in-wall subwoofer, the DSW600.
These new in-wall models leverage development work that was done to create the recently released Meridian M6 loudspeaker. The new in-wall speakers uses the same drivers that are used in the M6, giving the DSP520 a comparable performance and sound to the M6, while the larger unit provides even more impressive performance with higher sound pressure levels and extended bass. The subwoofer is designed to directly complement the full range loudspeakers and integrate with them
• Ultra-narrow (200mm) design delivers full DSP loudspeaker performance in-wall
• Back-box and frame system allow precise positioning and adjustment and includes Meridian’s innovative SpeakerLink technology for simple integration with the rest of the system.
• Loudspeaker array is built into self-contained enclosure that mounts into back-box
• DSP-based design delivers superior performance to conventional designs – equivalent to an enclosure of eight times the physical volume
• All aspects of the design including baffle and grille have been developed for maximum dispersion and listening area plus minimum unwanted diffraction.
• When combined with the Media Source 200, the In-wall loudspeakers provide an elegant Digital Media System zone.
Pricing and availability is yet to be announced. Look fore more details at: www.meridian-audio.com.