MOON by Simaudio has just introduced the MOON 780D DAC with a built-in network player, the latest addition to the company’s flagship MOON Evolution Series.
The MOON 780D is the most life-like sounding and technologically advanced digital audio product that Simaudio has created to date. This achievement is realized through the use of a fully balanced differential, dual-mono design using two DAC chips, each with 16 unique DAC circuits, that can decode virtually all digital audio formats (up to DSD quad and PCM 32-bit/384kHz). The heir apparent to the world-class MOON 750D, the new 780D will unleash dynamics and detail that you never thought existed in your digital audio files. Amongst the various digital inputs is the company’s MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) network player that allows for DSD streaming over ethernet, and access to the TIDAL music service; a gateway to the largest online library of uncompressed music. Other internal features include the MOON Hybrid Power (MHP); a new, ultra-high performance universal power supply and a modular design to help make this revolutionary DAC as future-proof as possible.
Like all Evolution products, the 780D’s chassis is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, with careful attention paid to minimizing vibrations. Of course, all the signature features you expect in a MOON Evolution series product are present: SimLink, i2DCf and M-LoVo, to name a few, as well as control ports for custom install environments.
The MOON 780D will be available in Q3 2015 for $15,000.00 USD.
MOON 780D Design Highlights:
● Nine (9) digital inputs include USB (for Hi-res audio), AES/EBU, SPDIF, Optical, aptX Bluetooth, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
● MHP (Moon Hybrid Power) is a “High Performance Universal Power Supply” using conductive polymer capacitors, high speed digital switching and analog linear regulators post stages (non-switch mode) for ultra stable and exceptionally low noise DC output.
● Femto second (vs pico second) clock resulting in much lower jitter and consequently lower distortion
● Twelve stages of DC voltage regulation which includes two stages of M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage Regulation) and four stages of i2DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering).
● On-board programmable software for customization of the end-user interface
● Fully compatible with 820S external power supply
● SimLink controller port for 2-way communications between other MOON components, as well as external control ports for custom install environments.