In April we introduced you the new affordable Pioneer Elite VSX-43 and VSX-70 AV receivers for the first time and now both models are available across Canada. The VSX-43 retails for $599 and the VSX-70 retails for $849. Pioneer has a long history of offering the latest tech and proprietary features in its Elite line of products and these two receivers are no exception.
Following in the tradition of the Elite brand, the new receivers are built to engineering and manufacturing standards designed to handle studio quality audio and visual content and the multi-channel demands of home theater enthusiasts. The VSX-43 and VSX-70 receivers incorporate high-resolution file format playback, expanded multi-zone and multi-source management and functionality, custom installation features, and 4K Ultra HD compatibility as well as easy and convenient receiver control via Pioneer’s proprietary ControlApp and iControlAV2013 App.
Highlights of the Enhanced Multi-Zone Control
- Multi-Zone Capabilities – Constructed to enhance any home theater, the new receivers accurately reproduce what the artist originally intended, in a wide range of speaker configurations. The VSX-43 provides additional setup flexibility and can be configured either for a true 7.1-channel setup or for 5.1-channel, with the two extra channels powering a pair of speakers in a second room (Zone 2), with the ability to simultaneously send two different sources to each zone. For example, a movie can be viewed in the main zone (family room) while music from a CD is played in the second zone (bedroom or patio).
The VSX-70 offers simultaneous entertainment in up to three zones – a main zone, a powered Zone 2 (two speakers in a second room) and a third HDZone (additional HDMI source to a third room). The HDZone can also be controlled through Pioneer’s proprietary iControlAV2013 App. With eight HDMI inputs and highly configurable 7.1-channels, the VSX-70 is ideal for consumers and custom installers who want maximum connection flexibility, eliminating the need to set up separate receivers in each room.
- Custom Home Theater Installation – For advanced home theater control, the VSX-70 offers custom installation features often found only on the most expensive receiver models. The unit includes full two-way RS-232-over-IP control and is certified to work with custom remote control systems such as Crestron and Control4.
- Pioneer Control Apps – Pioneer’s ControlApp and iControlAV2013 App give users more control over the features and functionalities of their receivers from the convenience of their smart devices. The VSX-43 is compatible with ControlApp and offers management of audio settings and modes, inputs and streaming content. The VSX-70 works with the new iControlAV2013 App, which has been completely redesigned for 2013, featuring a new user interface and easier to navigate feature menu, as well as a dedicated “ECO MANAGER” page for energy efficient settings. Both apps feature PUSH PLAYER, Pioneer’s new music streaming setting that enables users to access the music libraries stored on their devices and create playlists that can be streamed wirelessly to the receiver, all from within the app. ControlApp and iControlAV2013 are available free of charge on the App Store (www.AppStore.com) or Google Play (www.GooglePlay.com).
The VSX-70 also features Pioneer’s AVNavigator (now available for Windows on the bundled CD-ROM, for Mac on the Pioneer website and for iPad on the App Store) a two-way interactive owner’s manual that walks users through the entire set up process of their receiver.
- Power-Saving ECO Management – The new 2013 Elite models feature ECO Management functions to reduce power consumption of the receiver in both on and stand-by modes. With ECO mode on, the receiver analyzes and controls peak volume corresponding to the content being played to reduce power consumption while still maintaining content audio quality. The “Ecology function ON/OFF” feature can be accessed and set through the included remote control, iControlAV2013 App (ECO MANAGER) via smartphone, or the front panel of the receiver (ECO Access) to reduce power consumption.
Highlights of other features
- Music Enthusiast – The Elite VSX-43 and VSX-70 offer playback of WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC and FLAC files from a networked computer or plugged in drive via the front USB port. For 2013, Pioneer has built in playback of high-resolution AIFF and Apple Lossless files as well as Gapless playback for AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV and FLAC files. Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including PANDORA and vTuner. Both receivers are also Windows 8 certified and feature DLNA 1.5 certification for music content playback from a networked DLNA server or DLNA application running on a Windows PC, Mac, or smartphone connected on a home network, either through a wired Ethernet connection or optional wireless Wi-Fi adapter (AS-WL300; available for use with VSX-70).
- 4K Ultra HD Pass Through – Pioneer’s new receivers are designed for the next generation 4K Ultra HD resolution standard, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals to compatible displays, offering the highest quality video image available. Additionally, the VSX-70 can upscale analog and HDMI video signals for 4K Ultra HD resolution when used with the latest 4K displays.
- Smartphone Content – Elite model receivers allow iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to enjoy playback of audio content stored on their devices as well as the display of album art and metadata when connected to a television monitor. Users can take advantage of the convenience of Apple’s AirPlay3, allowing users to stream their iTunes music whether from Mac or PC, as well as music stored on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Further integrating the smartphone, Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) connectivity has been built into each receiver. The front HDMI input doubles as an MHL 2.0 input for connection of an MHL equipped Android™ smartphone or tablet to play back audio and video content (including high-definition 3D content) as well as faster phone charging. Android users with compatible HTC smartphones (including the new HTC One Phone) have the convenience of HTC Connect4, which enables direct music streaming to the VSX-43 or VSX-70.
For more info, please visit www.pioneerelectronics.ca