Red Wine Audio calls its new Liliana Monoblock a reference level power amp. At 115wpc RMS into 8-ohms (230wpc into 4-ohms), Liliana is said to be the first commercially produced battery-powered amplifier to unite “iron-fisted” high-current FET output with a “velvet glove” warmth and character only found in vacuum tubes.
For a limited time, a pair of Liliana Monoblocks is available for a special introductory price of $5,600 US (for orders placed by April 30, 2012.)
Given their power, the Liliana Monoblocks drive even the most power hungry speakers with ease. But unlike other high-watt amps where music goes flat at moderate volume levels, Liliana’s will amaze you, even when played softly. And when you crave “you-are-there” SPLs, Liliana redefines what to expect from a reference-level amplifier.
Highlights of the Liliana include (from the manufacturer website):
- Innovative battery-powered Class-A vacuum tube input stage delivers seductive midrange warmth and tone, a huge soundstage, and a sweet and airy top end – further enhanced by an uncanny absence of background noise
- High-current, battery-powered Class-AB MOSFET output stage allows for some serious “dc-direct” current delivery, so Liliana’s dynamics and control are out of this world!
- Onboard microprocessor controlled thermal and short-circuit management make Liliana virtually bulletproof
- Onboard SMART battery management
- Front-panel mounted rotary switch controls power ON / OFF and SMART operation mode
- Line-level output “pass through” provides option to drive active subwoofers or other power amplifiers (i.e. bi-amping)
- Movable clear acrylic windows – built into top cover panels – provide easy access for tube-rolling
- Like all our products, Liliana Monoblocks are all hand-built in the USA
For more info, please visit www.redwineaudio.com