The all-new 2015 Volvo XC90, a radical reinvention of the luxury SUV, features a most luxurious and innovative interior. A key element of that luxurious interior is a new Bowers & Wilkins audio system, uniquely tuned to the car’s interior audio signature. And, for the first time ever for an in-car system, it features Bowers & Wilkins innovative tweeter-on-top technology.
Physically separating a tweeter from the confines of a speaker cabinet delivers clearer, purer treble, particularly vital for vocals. In the Volvo XC90, the dashboard-mounted centre tweeter ensures absolute voice clarity. The tweeters use technology derived from Bowers & Wilkins iconic Nautilus speakers – spiralling diffusion channels on the rear of the speakers soak up reflected sound, reducing resonance.
Of course, sound is about far more than just the high notes. The speakers include Bowers & Wilkins signature yellow Kevlar 100mm midrange drivers, visible but protected by a grille designed for optimum acoustic openness. The Volvo XC90 features a total of 19 speakers driven by a highly efficient Class D amplifier for a total of 1,400 Watts power. Each speaker is precisely placed and tuned to match the interior acoustics of the car.
The result of this innovative audio engineering: a highly luxurious car interior with a top-class audio system.
Bowers & Wilkins Audio System for Volvo XC90 specification
– 4 x 25mm Nautilus tweeters (front & rear doors)
– 2 x 100mm Kevlar cone midranges (front doors)
– 2 x 80mm Kevlar cone midranges (rear doors)
– 4 x 170mm long throw woofers (front & rear doors)
– 1 x two-way 100mm midrange/ 25mm tweeter units (dashboard)
– 2 x two-way 80mm midrange/ 25mm tweeter units (rear roof panel)
Other audio system details
– 12-channel Class D amplifier
– Quantum Logic DSP with signal extraction, reverb extraction and spatial filtering
– 7.1 playback from mono, stereo and/or multichannel input
For more info, please visit www.volvocars.com
Comments are closed.