NuForce has just announced the HP-800, the company’s first over-the-ear headphones. The HP-800 is said to deliver the kind of performance that sound professionals require at a price point that’s easily accessible to audio enthusiasts.
The HP-800 offers a natural warmth, realistic highs and visceral bass that only true accuracy is capable of attaining, thanks in good measure to their die-cast aluminum frame, which minimizes resonance and improves articulation. Its 40mm neodymium drivers are specifically tuned for accurate performance and low distortion. Together, precise engineering and meticulous construction deliver an extreme dynamic, strikingly fast transients and a flat frequency response.
Long hours of playback will be even more pleasurable owing to the comfort measures NuForce has designed into the HP-800 headphones. The breathable memory-foam ear cups are covered in super soft leatherette and are extremely comfortable. Similarly, the concave body design has been optimized for comfort and a lifelike soundstage and imaging.
• Clear, rich and precise sound signature for natural warmth and visceral low end
• Aluminum die-cast housing for minimized resonance and improved articulation
• Concave body design for lifelike sound staging and focused imaging
• Precisely tuned, low-distortion 40mm neodymium drivers
• Wide-range dynamic and flat frequency response
• Breathable, skin-like ear-cups with memory foam inserts for comfortable extended use
• Two removable cables for portable and studio use
• Included Accessories: one carrying bag, one 3.5mm plug cable, one 6.3mm plug cable
Driver Size: 40mm
Impedance: 32 +/- 15% Ohm
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Dimensions: 7” H x 4.57” W x 7.48” D
Rated Power: 20 mW
Max Input Power: 30 mW
Sensitivity: 91 +/- 4 dB
The NuForce HP-800’s are available now for $149 US.
For more info, please visit www.nuforce.com