ADL, short for Alpha Design Labs (by Furutech), has just revealed a brand new superb sounding DSD & 24/192 ADL A1 Headphone Amp. Some digital music listeners require small, portable DACs and headphone amps because they’re always on the move. Others need flexibility with their digital gear, especially the ability to insert a headphone amp into virtually any system and achieve impressive sonic performance. The new ADL A1 headphone amplifier/ DAC is designed for both of these applications.
The new ADL A1 is a high-resolution portable headphone amplifier and DAC that can be used with Android devices such as ADL’s own X1 and iDevices. The A1 is also DSD-capable when used with either Mac or PC. The high-resolution sound that can be achieved through the A1 makes it perfect for portable audio enthusiasts who use the highest quality headphones to delve deeply into a recording. It’s also ideal for those who want to run DSD 2X on either a laptop or a desktop.
While the ADL A1 is certainly small enough to be portable and convenient, it’s also loaded with innovative features such as:
• USB Mini-B socket for USB A output from a PC/Mac for music and to charge the battery
• USB A socket for Android music devices via OTG cable
• Optical and line out that combines a 3.5mm phone jack for line out with a mini-jack for optical output
• Additional 3.5mm jack for headphone output
• USB 2.0 high-speed compliance with DSD (2.8M and 5.6M data both supported), with the ability to sample 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates, indicated by LEDs on the front panel
• Switchable between USB-A, USB-mini B and optical inputs
The portable audio enthusiast will also appreciate the A1’s long battery life. While the battery in the A1 lasts approximately 7.5 hours after a full charge, it can be completely recharged in around 5 to 5.5 hours. That provides an exceptional amount of flexibility for playback while on the go. Down time and scheduling concerns will be minimized.
The ADL A1 is a truly versatile portable headphone amplifier and DAC. It’s flexible enough to be used in a countless number of applications, it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere and the sound quality is extraordinary. You’ll appreciate the signature Furutech sound in every component offered by ADL—smooth yet detailed and focused. The ADL A1 is clearly an example of innovative Japanese design at the cutting edge of technology. Are you ready for it?
• Supports DSD64 (2.8MHz) and DSD128 (5.6MHz)
• Digital inputs for Android, PCs, Optical (Optical out supports Android digital signal)
• DD Converter (3.5mm TOSLINK optical output)
• High-performance 24-bit/192kHz DAC chip
• supports ASIO and Asynchronous mode
• Low Jitter
• Fits in the palm of your hand
• Enjoy music anywhere, on your desk or on the go
• Doesn’t draw power from connected Android Device battery
• USB Mini-B socket: For USB A output from a PC/MAC for music and to charge battery
• USB A socket : For Android Device music output via OTG cable (USB A to micro-B type)
• Optical and Analog out : Combined 3.5mm phone jack for Analog out and mini optical jack for optical output (24bit/192kHz Max.)
• A second 3.5mm phone jack for headphone output (12~300 ohm range). When using both 3.5mm headphone Analog out jacks simultaneously it is advisable to use near impedance headphones)
• Optical Input: For digital signal from external device (24bit/192kHz Max.)
• Line input : 3.5mm(4-pin) phone jack for analog input (switched/When headphones are plugged in there is no Android signal output)
• Switchable between USB-A input (Android /Line in), Optical Input and USB-miniB (PC/MAC)
• High-performance CIRRUS LOGIC CS4392K 24bit/192kHz DAC chip (accepts PCM data and DSD audio data )
• Controller supports ASIO and Asynchronous mode
• VIA VT1736 32bit/192kHz USB chip ,USB 2.0 High Speed compliant accepts DSD 2.8M or 5.6M signal & 44.1 /48 /88.2 /96 /176.4 /192 kHz sampling rates supported
• TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TPA6130A2 Headphone Amplifier chip -TPA6130A2 high fidelity Stereo Headphone Amplifier with an SNR of 98 dB
• OP AMP: TI- LME49726 High Current, Low Distortion, Rail-to-Rail Output Audio Operational Amplifier
• Max Headphone Output Levels (at 1%THD 1KHz) : 70mW(12 ohm), 80mW(16 ohm), 65mW(32 ohm), 38mW(56 ohm), 9mW(300 ohm)
• Charge Time: approximately 7 hours approx. (DC 5V, 0.5A USB bus power)
• Charge Time: approximately 5~5.5 hours approx.(AC/DC 5V, 1.0-2.0A switching adaptor)
• Music Playback Time: Up to 7.5 hours when fully charged
• Size: 68(W) x 118(D) x 16.5(H)mm
•Weight: 150g approx.
For more info, please visit www.audiyo.com