The 5th Annual Black Arts& Innovation Expo will be hosted on February 21st, 2019 at the Arcadian Court in Toronto from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.
BAIE 2019 will bring together industry leading technology companies in celebration of Black History Month. A networking opportunity to build relationships andforge mainstream connections. #BAIE2019 will emphasize opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
Attendees will have an opportunity to connect at the onsite Technology Job Fair with leading companies including: Facebook, Pinterest, Lexmark, CompuCom, Dell and many more.
The eventwill feature live performances by International music sensation Kardinal Offishall, R&B singer and song writer Sage Harris, Violinist Andrew Forde, and Matthew Romeo (formerly known as DJ Romeo).
A panel discussion on “Competing to Win” will be hosted by PR Strategist Dalton Higgins. Ahmed Ismail will deliver a thought-provoking keynote on his journey to build XO’s incubator, Hxouse, with Creative Director La Mar Taylor and The Weeknd.
Popular social media food influencer Ryan “Eat Famous” Hinkson will curate a complimentary menu served throughout the event. In addition, Djamila Ibrahim, Kayla Perrin, Canisia Lubrin, Josef Adamu and more will be onsite to showcase their artistic talents.
#BAIE2019 Event details:
- Celebrate five exceptional students as they receive Scholarships of $5000 each
- Vote real-time at the Lions Lair Competition (with a smartphone) for your favorite business idea and help one remarkable entrepreneur win a $10,000 Business Grant
- Connect with industry-leading companies that are actively hiring diverse talent for STEAM roles
- Discover 20+ unique artists and ground-breaking innovators that will exhibit their extraordinary creations
- Experience career-boosting onsite activations like complimentary resume reviews and professional headshots
- Engage in a thought-provoking panel discussion on “Competing to Win,” moderated by award-winning journalist and author, Dalton Higgins
- Enjoy live performances, complimentary food tastings, a luxurious silent auction, flash raffles/draws and a one-of-a-kind futuristic Robotic Play Zone
- The first 100 people will receive a Leather Messenger bag filled with swag, valued over $200!
Students and entrepreneurs can apply for Scholarships or a Business Grant at Blackexpo.ca before the deadline of February 15th, 2019.
Tickets can be purchased for $25 CAD; please visit EventBrite: https://bit.ly/2VPHrAJ