Ed Meitner of the well known company EMM Labs has recently established a new company Meitner Audio that will focus on providing high quality at a lower cost. Meitner Audio’s first product to be launched is a 24/192khz Stereo DAC, dubbed the MA-1.
The MA-1 is designed and built in Canada. It supports sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz and up to 24 bits through all six digital inputs, complying with the USB-II audio interface standard.
Standard-setting MDAC dual differential discrete D-to-A (not based on generic OEM D/A chip), and MCLK high-purity master clock modules are included in this design. Digital inputs include USB, AES/EBU via XLR, two optical TosLink, and two S/PDIF on RCA jacks. Stereo analog outputs include stereo balanced via XLR and unbalanced via RCA.
MFAST asynchronous technology
Feed the MA-1 through any of its six inputs and the Meitner Frequency Acquisition System (MFAST™) instantly acquires the signal, buffers it, then strips jitter out completely. A high-speed asynchronous system,
it decouples input from output. MFAST™ ensures that you’ll enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
MDAT: 2x DSD upsampling
From there, the signal goes straight into the Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT) which upsamples digital audio to 5.6 MHz, double the SACD standard sampling rate.
– Supported sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at up to 24 bits
– 6 digital inputs: 1 x USB; 1 x AES/EBU; 2 x TOSLINK S/PDIF; 2 x COAX S/PDIF
– MFAST asynchronous technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free performance
– MDAT signal processing technology:
– Provides 2x DSD upsampling for PCM playback
– Preserves phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of waveform
– MDAC discrete dual differential D-to-A conversion circuit
– MCLK high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter performance
– Sleek credit-card style remote control included for input switching
– USB service port for future software upgrades
– Serial port for wired remote control
– Power supply:
– Power factor corrected
– Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
– Power consumption: max. 50W
– CE Approved
– Stereo analog outputs: Balanced (XLR) and Unbalanced (RCA)
– Output voltage (with 0dBfs input):
– XLR outputs: 4.6Vrms (+15.4dBu)
– RCA outputs: 2.3Vrms (+9.4dBu)
– Output impedance:
– 300 ohms balanced (XLR)
– 150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
– Dimensions W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm
– Weight: 7.43 kg/16.39 lbs net with remote control
The Meitner Audio MA-1 has a MSRP of $6,750 U.S. which, to some may still be unapproachable, is still much lower than similar products under EMM Labs.
Look for more details to be available at: www.meitner.com