To accompany the recently launched Prime Headphone Amplifier, Meridian has now announced the introduction of their all-new Prime Power Supply. The Prime Power Supply is a reference-quality, high-current power supply that is based on the new linear power supplies developed for Meridian’s 800 Reference Series.
The compact metal casework of the Prime Power Supply has no visible screws and is double-skinned for lower noise. The Meridian Prime Power Supply can be used to power a range of Meridian products including the Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier, Audio Core 200, Meridian Director and Media Source 200. Adding the Meridian Power Supply will provide a performance enchancement to compatible Merdian components.
• Linear power supply design inspired by latest 800 Reference Series supply.
• Perfect partner for the acclaimed Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier.
• High current, very low noise power supply delivers enhanced performance from a range of Meridian products including the Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier, Audio Core 200, Meridian Director, Media Source 200, and other devices requiring a high-quality 12V power supply.
• High-mass, low-profile, low magnetic field, toroidal transformer with integral plate-mounted magnetic screen, to shield electronics from noise.
• Connect multiple devices to a single Power Supply: single wall connection minimises clutter.
• High-quality latching 3-pin mini-DIN high-current power output connectors for reliable connection.
• 5 x 12V 500mA outputs for Meridian components; USB 5V 1A output with USB input for audio pass-through – drives Meridian Director, Explorer, Prime Headphone Amplifier and i80.
• Power input filtering.
• Dual-stage regulation on all outputs, using very low noise linear regulators.
• Multiple capacitors for noise filtering; audio-grade reservoir capacitors.
• New, elegant and durable metal enclosure design by Allen Boothroyd, double-skinned for lower noise, offers the distinctive Meridian look with no visible mounting screws.
• Hand made in Meridian’s state-of-the- art headquarters near Cambridge, UK.
The all-new Meridian Prime Power Supply is now available at a MSRP of: $1,250 U.S. Look for more details at: http://www.meridian-audio.com/.